Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How do you play tag with a caterpillar?

The boys brought a caterpillar home from Grandma and Grandpa's house. If I had been there it would have never have made the trip. They put it in a bug house with some leaves. I protested its presence in the house because after 4 1/2 years of raising Owen and Jay I know this will not end well. The boys went to there bedroom and the caterpillar which they named Sammy stayed in the kitchen. The boys would not go to sleep. At eleven o'clock I went into their room to tell them to get to sleep. Owen was sitting on the floor of his room in the dark holding an empty bug house. He says, "I lost Sammy." "How do you lose a caterpillar?" I ask. Owen says, "We were playing tag."

We could not find Sammy that night but he showed up the next afternoon, enticed by a fresh plate of leaves placed on the floor of the boys room.

1 comment:

kris said...

to cute! I love it!!