Friday, May 8, 2009

Swimming and Hockey

It is not easy finding sports that 3 year olds can play and enjoy. The boys took swimming lessons and hated it. I couldn't even watch them swim because if they saw me they would start to cry. I would go out into the lobby and put a magazine in front of my face and peek over the top every now and then. We did this for 2 sessions then I needed a break. Towards the end I was finally able to be in the same room with them without them freaking out. I next tried ice hockey. They had to learn how to skate using a tot cart first but now they can get around without one but try convincing them of that. The boys don't like hockey either. Actually, they don't like the coaches. I guess big guys on skates are pretty scary. They do like to skate with Michelle and I. We are all learning to skate together. Michelle is the only one who can't skate without holding on to something and even that is a challenge. I think she is going to take lessons. We go to family skate night at the rink for extra practice for the boys. The boys have one more week of hockey then they are done for a while. They don't have enough skills right now to join a team. But I think we will keep up with the skating.



Jay




Jay and Owen

No comments: