Friday, May 22, 2009

Speed Demons

The boys have a Mustang Power Wheels. The other day, Jay said he wanted it to go faster. I hadn't yet taken out the screw that lets it go into fast gear. Since he now knows how to steer the car, I obliged and took out the screw. He took off driving around the block with Owen. I struggled to keep up. They got too far ahead and my calls to them to stop went unheeded. They made it around the block and started around a second time. I caught a glimpse of them at the top of the street. Jay was "idling" while Owen was out of the car running up to a neighbors door. I yelled for Jay to wait. I hear, "Hurry Owen! Here comes mommy." Owen runs across the yard, jumps in the car and they are off again. I turn around and go the opposite direction and eventually catch up to them as they come around the block. Jay is banned from driving the car for a month.

No comments: