Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Little Speech Therapist

Monday morning the boys were laying in my bed watching TV while I got ready for work. "Curious George" was about to come on and Jay says, "Curus Deorge coming on." Owen then corrects his brother, "No Jay Jay, not Curus Deorge, Curious George." Jay tries to say it again and Owen corrects him again. Jay got mad. Owen got mad and yelled for me, "Mommy, Jay's saying it wrong." I told Owen that it was nice of him to try to help his brother but that now Jay wanted to be left alone.

It's been about six years since I worked as a Speech Therapist with children. Owen's speech and language is so advanced for his age. I have to keep reminding myself that Jay's speech is normal for his age and I need to stop comparing it to Owen's speech.

No comments: