Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I flew out the window."

That is how Owen tells people what happened yesterday. He was in the living room. I was in the kitchen. I heard a distant cry then "Mommy!" I saw the screen missing from the livingroom window and knew he fell out the window. I raced downstairs and out the door and there he was under the window sitting in a bush. I live in a split level so the fall was about 1/2 a story. I checked him out to see if he was able to move everything. He said he landed on his head so I checked his pupils to see if they were equal and reactive and they were. No lumps on his head. As a matter of fact, the boy did not have one scratch on him. I dusted him off and just kept a close eye on him and he was fine. Then his brother hit him in the head with a metal tractor. Owen has one hard head! From what I can figure out, Owen unlatched the screen from the window and it fell out and he after it. So now we are not opening any windows from the bottom and are very leary about opening them from the top since working together, the two boys can open unlocked windows. I am seriously thinking about restricting the boys viewing of Toy Story. I think he was trying to emulate his hero Buzz Lightyear.

No comments: