Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mommy, I Was Done Swinging

Two weekends ago, I decided to take the boys to the park. Jay wanted me to push him on the swing. He was having a great time on the swing. A couple of times I stopped him because I thought he wanted off but he said no he wanted to keep swinging. While the swing was at the highest point, maybe 6 feet or so from the ground he lets go and falls backwards landing on his neck/upper back with his head bent. He was in a lot of pain. He was able to move everything. He has a very low tolerance for pain so I wasn't sure whether to take him to the hospital or not. I decided it was better safe than sorry so we went with Owen coming along as well, yelling at me the whole time that I was a "bad mommy" because he wanted to stay at the park. The x-rays were clear but the doctor made us stay overnight for observation because Jay was grunting when he breathed. His breathing improved as soon as they gave him some Tylenol. They released him the next morning. The boys made a pact after that. If Owen has to go to the hospital, Jay is supposed to tell the doctors not to hurt his brother and if Jay goes to the hospital, Owen tells the doctor not to hurt his brother. I suggested they make a pact not to end up in the hospital again.

No comments: