Saturday, December 13, 2008

How To Make A Slip and Slide

We bought the boys new beds and mattresses but hadn't yet put the beds together nor taken down the toddler beds. The boys were sleeping on the new mattresses on the floor. Wednesday night when they were supposed to be sleeping, they lined up their toddler bed/crib mattresses end to end on the floor. They snuck into the bathroom and got lots and lots of water. They poured the water onto the mattresses and in their PJ's they ran and slid across the mattresses. I walked in and caught Owen mid slide. They were both soaked from head to toe as was the floor and even their new mattresses. I was so mad at them that I made them sleep in their soaking wet PJ's in their soaking wet bed. I even told them if they got sick and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia, I would just have their 3rd Bday party without them, eat their cake and open and play with their presents! They turn 3 on Dec. 16th. They did not get sick and everything eventually dried. If they are this "inventive" and "clever," words others use to describe them, at age 2 then I can't wait to see what year 3 brings us.

No comments: